Welcome to the SOS Security website, operated by SOS Security LLC (“SOS”) and located at http://www.sossecurity.com/ (the “Site”). This Privacy Statement addresses SOS’s practices regarding information collected from visitors of the Site and only addresses information collected directly through or from the Site – it does not address or govern any information gathering, use, or dissemination practices related to information collected from the visitor (sometimes referred to as a “visitor,” “you” or “your”) other than directly through or from the Site, such as from telephone, facsimile, postal mail, personal delivery, or other or additional offline means or media. SOS can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at either (800)SECURE-0 or (973)402-6600. This Privacy Statement is incorporated into SOS’s Terms and Conditions by reference, as if set forth fully therein, which must be reviewed and accepted by you. The Site is not intended for children under the age of 18. It does not knowingly collect personal information online from visitors in this age group.
1. Collection of Personal Information from Site Visitors. Except as specifically set forth herein, SOS may collect (a) the e-mail addresses of users that communicate with SOS via e-mail; (b) information knowingly provided by the user in online informational sections, registration, or membership forms; and (c) information gathered through the analysis of cookies, or any other methods of internet browsing analysis, such as Google Analytics. Specifically, and in order to register for certain services of the Site, you may be required to provide additional personal information about you and your company, such as your name, address and other relevant personal information. If you do not wish to provide such information to the Site, you will be unable to register and/or to obtain products or services from the Site. When a visitor performs a search within the Site, SOS may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed and recording information related to the search request.
2. Use of Personal Information Collected. Personal information collected by SOS may be used by SOS for limited purposes, including recordkeeping, editorial and feedback purposes, content improvement, or to customize the content and layout of the Site. Individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information which visitors voluntarily provide to SOS, may be added to SOS’s databases and used for future contact regarding Site updates and new services. From time to time, SOS may need to contact you for registration-related activities. You agree that SOS may use your personal information for such registration-related contact with you. SOS may also desire to contact you for market research purposes or to provide you with marketing information SOS believes would be of particular interest. You will have the option of not being contacted by SOS and opting-out of such contacts by setting the appropriate option in your profile.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. Except as specifically set forth herein, any personal information that you provide to SOS on the Site will not be disclosed to other third-party entities. Identifiable and non-identifiable user information and data may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which SOS enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or if determined by SOS in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of SOS or any other person or entity. Please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to SOS via the Site or Internet electronic mail cannot be guaranteed, including, for example, personal information such as your address or name.
4. Security Measures and Communicating with SOS. SOS has implemented physical, electronic and procedural security features that are designed to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. Despite SOS’s efforts to protect your personal information, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from SOS via this Site or via e-mail cannot be and is not guaranteed. You acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of the Site content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, SOS is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. Instead of communicating with SOS via e-mail or the Internet, visitors can contact SOS by regular mail at One Security Plaza, 1915 Route 46 East, Parsippany, NJ 07054, or by telephone at either (800)SECURE-0 or (973)402-6600.
5. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information; Opt-Out Right. Upon your request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, SOS will provide you with a summary of any personal information retained by SOS that has been voluntarily provided by you to SOS through online forms, registration forms, surveys, e-mail, or another online avenue. You may modify, correct, change or update your personal information by contacting SOS via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses or numbers above. Except as necessary to obtain the services or information requested, You may opt out of having your personal information, which has been voluntarily provided to SOS through online forms, membership or registration forms, e-mail, or another online avenues, prospectively retained by SOS or used by SOS for secondary purposes, by contacting SOS via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses set out above. This provision does not apply to collection of the type of Web browser of the visitor to the Site or to information provided or collected that does not meet the description in this Section 5.
6. Right to Change Privacy Statement. SOS may change this Privacy Statement at any time. Notice of any new or revised Privacy Statement, as well as the location of the new or revised statement, will be posted on the Site for at least twenty (20) days after the change. It is the obligation of visitors returning to the Site to learn of changes to the Privacy Statement since their last visit. Any change to this Privacy Statement shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Site before the change was made.
7. Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 provides you with the right to request certain information regarding disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, including a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. In order to obtain such information, please email your request to email@example.com.
Dated: March 22, 2013
Copyright © 2013 SOS Security LLC; All rights reserved.