Security Personnel Services
Security personnel services provide organizations with the staff and equipment they need to protect their people and property, and to keep operations running smoothly. Organizations rely on security personnel not only to fulfill their duty of care and minimize their liabilities, but also to provide peace of mind for their employees, customers and other guests.
In conjunction with appropriate training, procedures and technology, security personnel are effective deterrents against trespassing and more serious crimes such as vandalism, robbery or personal harm. In the event of emergencies such as crime, natural disaster, fire or personal injury, security personnel are vital resources who supplement first responders by providing immediate assistance and care. Finally, organizations depend on security personnel as brand and customer service ambassadors: Security officers interact regularly with employees and customers, often as the first company touchpoint, to allow them site access, help them find their way, and provide other assistance as needed.
The SOS Security approach to security personnel services
Relentless focus on the quality of people, procedures and technology: Security is only as good as the people, procedures and technology that come together to provide it. That’s why we at SOS Security have built our business and our reputation around a culture of continual improvement of our security personnel, processes and technical tools.
The best people: Deploying the best people starts with employing the best people. All SOS Security recruits go through in-depth pre-screening that includes background checks, reference checks, behavioral analysis, physical fitness assessment, drug screening and more. Once onboard, all officers take part in our professional development program, which includes modules for:
- Security as a customer service: Our proprietary internal security training equips officers to provide caring, authoritative but non-confrontational security support, and to prevent, deescalate and resolve situations of potential and actual conflict.
- Emergency first aid: All officers receive extensive and ongoing training that includes pass-fail exams in basic and advanced first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), use of automated external defibrillators (AED), and blood borne pathogen safety.
- Client- or site-specific skills: Depending on the assignment, officers also receive on-the-job training which covers anything from specialty patrol techniques to fire & safety procedures to corporate culture.
To attract, develop and retain the best security officers, SOS Security invests a significant portion of profits back into our people. This investment takes many forms, including career planning and career ladders, training and other ongoing education, and competitive salary and benefit packages.
The best procedures: Through working with our partners in many industries, locations and contexts, SOS Security has the depth and breadth of experience to know which security procedures work best where. We organize, transfer and operationalize this experience through proven standard operating procedures, tested emergency procedures and reliable management systems that set goals, monitor performance and identify gaps before they become problems.
The best technology: From our proprietary reporting tool that enables security officers to send real-time shift reports electronically, to GPS tracking that accurately identifies security officer locations, SOS Security uses the latest technology to support performance and efficiency.
- Tools for regular, real-time reporting of patrol and watch activities
- Compliance monitoring tools for regular and on-demand reports
- GPS location tracking
- Emergency response alert communication tools
- Communication and information management tools for 24/7 dispatches and command centers
Our security personnel services
Driven by our clients’ evolving security needs, SOS Security provides a comprehensive range of security personnel services for many needs and contexts, including:
- Fixed sites, temporary sites, and emergency response locations
- Armed and/or unarmed officers
- Uniformed and/or non-uniformed officers
Our solutions comprise people, procedures and technology for all relevant security personnel applications:
- Perimeter and access control: Surveillance, alarm monitoring, intrusion detection, etc.
- Campus, building, office, facility control: Concierge/receptionist, security screening, visitor control and badging, fixed watches and mobile patrols, emergency and evacuation procedures, parking and traffic surveillance, etc.
- Special events/temporary locations: Perimeter and access control, onsite security, surveillance, etc.
- Command centers: Designing and staffing on- or offsite command centers and global security operations centers
- Training: First aid, CPR and AED, fire safety and other courses for our own and clients’ staffs
- Audits and assessments: Risk, threat and vulnerability assessments; operational safety assessments
- Emergency response: Rapid deployment of security officers and crisis response teams, workplace incident response, evacuations, and other security services on-demand
If you don’t see what you’re looking for here, ask. We’ve either done it or we’re able and willing to work with you to meet your needs.